BrightZen Systems is hiring
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting and/or finance and three or more years of progressive professional cost accounting experience in a corporate environment, preferably with a government contractor. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of industry and government cost accounting principles, theories, concepts, standards, and practices, with the ability to organize, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Experience preparing contractually required financial reports (IPMR, CFSR, CSDR, etc) highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management techniques as part of financial management is highly desirable.
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Experience utilizing an earned value tool such as MPM or EVM project is desirable.
- Must be customer-focused and possess:
- (1) the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity;
- (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present accounting and finance findings:
- (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties on accounting and finance matters;
- (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information;
- (5) the ability to represent the department or company on projects.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
Gather data to understand the trends affecting a specific type of product, geographical region or industry to help their clients make important investment decisions. They often have the following responsibilities:
- Supports program managers in planning and budgeting work, tracking incurred spending, anticipated future spending, and expected profit margins.
- Develops performance baselines with integrated schedules.
- Supports program managers in the development of Estimates at Complete (EACs) for a variety of contract types.
- Works cross-functionally with Program Management, Contracts, and Accounting to support successful program execution and issue resolution.
- Conducts financial analysis and reporting of cost and schedule performance utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques.
- Prepares customer cost and schedules reports.
- Supports program risk & opportunity management.
- Updates and maintains project work breakdown structure.
- Prepares contract funding status reports.
- Performs cash-flow analysis.
- Assists with unbilled accounts receivable analysis.
- Reviews and approves purchasing requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.